Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blowing in the wind

At 5 in the morning, just lying in my bed thinking about life here in Oz. It's a different world than the one I was born and grew up in. There was a time I thought, "This is it! This is going to be my life here in this little town called Taunggyi. And spent the rest of my life here.", but it turned out that I lived there for only the first nineteen years there.

The need to find further education and better life make me come to Australia.

The first few years went quite quickly. Started attending Introductory Computing Courses at a technical college. Worked part-time and earned my living that way. And I never thought that on a morning like this, I would be thinking about wanting to go back to Burma. I'm not a sentimental type, but a imaginative one.

Now that I've been here for almost a decade, I can't think of better place to live and work for the foreseeable future. Now studying at university towards an undergraduate degree. Hopefully a rewarding learning experience both for my career and life. Intending to live and work here for some time. Making my home away from home. Also making some bucks. Try to fit in with the flow of this materialistic world. Money talks everywhere. It buys influence. It makes you think you are God.

Some says "Money can't buy happiness". My instinct tells me otherwise. Maybe, money solves our problems and makes us feel so good that the feelings of relief from troubles and the joy of carefree moments make you delusional enough to think that what we are experiencing is the true happiness.

May be I AM that delusional. Maybe I'm just rumbling. But, I do hope it's a productive day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment